BurlyCon Peer Reviews
Applications are now closed. You may tickets to watch and provide feedback to the performers for the April 23 Peer Reviews (6:00-8:00pm Pacific Time) here:
Peer Reviews are a hallmark experience of BurlyCon...
They are a priceless opportunity for thoughtful feedback in a supportive and inspiring format.
Participants of Peer Reviews will be given 10 minutes to perform, recover, and receive feedback. We encourage participants to limit their act length to 4 minutes, to provide ample time for feedback. You will not be disqualified for having a longer act, but you will not receive extra time for feedback if you do.
You will receive written and verbal feedback from a panel of experienced performers, and other professionals. You will also receive feedback forms from the audience, and may also receive verbal feedback from a select number ofaudience members (your peers!).
The Peer Reviews will be held VIRTUALLY via Zoom Friday, April 23 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm PST. You will be able to either submit a pre-recorded video (stage performance, rehearsal, or home video) or perform live via Zoom. If it's possible, we recommend submitting a video, so that the panelists will have an opportunity to review your act ahead of time to give more thorough feedback.
There is now a $25 fee to apply to participate in Peer Reviews, this fee ensures fair payment to the panel of expert reviewers. If you are not selected, you will have a $25 credit to apply towards classes at BurlyCon for 1 year.
Peer Review applications will be open from February 15 to midnight on March 15. Eight Peer Review participants will be selected by a BurlyCon panel to ensure that there are performers from a range of backgrounds, levels of experience, and acts from brand new concepts to signature acts.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
- Applicants will be selected by a panel to represent a cross section of the burlesque community.
- Depending on the applications received, Peer Review participants will be selected for 8 available slots to include various levels of experience, different styles of performance, different stages of act development, performers from marginalized and under-represented groups.
- Applicants who participated in Peer Reviews within the last 2 years may not be granted a performance slot.
- You must be on time for your Peer Review performance, or risk losing your spot.
- You may apply with one act for Peer Reviews, multiple applications will not be accepted.
- BurlyCon loves you no matter what!