Think of BurlyCon as burlesque’s summer camp! It’s a weekend off from show mode, so wear what makes you comfortable. We do offer the chance to dress up for our themed special events however even that is optional. Leave space in your suitcase for a few glamorous items, and be aware that your yoga pants will probably see the light of day far more than your beaded evening gowns.
What to Pack
– Comfortable clothing – think yoga pants, jeans & t-shirts, whatever you wear normally off stage!
– Comfortable shoes. Sandals and flip flops are fine inside but remember it does get wet and cold when you’re walking between buildings outside.
– Warmer layers: hat, jacket, and an umbrella or raincoat. Seattle in November is going to be cold and rainy! The convention hall(bulk of classes/events) and main hotel building(hotel rooms & hospitality) are connected by a covered, but open, walkway so you will not be indoors at all times. And if you plan on exploring Seattle you’ll definitely want some rain protection.
– Dancewear (leggings, legwarmers, tank tops, etc)
– Character shoes/practice dance heels
– Swimsuit (hot tub time at the hotel)!
– A robe (to wear over revealing outfits in public hotel spaces)
– Water bottle
– Your favorite snacks
– A crafting or costume project you want advice on
– Fans/Boas/Gloves/Stockings (if you are taking a class with those things)
– Pasties (if you want to learn to twirl)
– Hair accessories (if you are taking a hair class)
– Wig (if you are taking a wig class)
– Make-up (for make-up classes and events)
– Notebook and pen (or technological equivalent)
– Camera (or smartphone) so you can #BurlyConXI all over Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
And of course double check your planned classes to make sure you have everything you may need for those. If you haven’t already started planning which classes you want to attend go visit our Schedule page and start planning!
BurlyCon always has a variety of events in the evening, once classes have stopped and everyone has had a dinner break. These events are covered in your ticket and will have some special theme. This year our theme is BurlyCon University! Think cheerleaders, events on the quad, cap and gown regalia, etc. You do not have to dress up for anything! But if you choose to go in theme check out this full list of events and suggested attire: Event Page.
Networking & Buying!
– Business Cards or Flyers for you and/or your troupe or show. Now is the time to network!
– CASH for the Vending Area – you will want everything! Many vendors also accept CC and there is an ATM on-site, however cash is always reliable and easier to budget.
*We will also be holding a Swap Meet that is a first come, first serve vending opportunity for those with some extra rhinestones and tassels on their hands. We’ll be giving out more info closer to the convention, but it’s a great time to offload all those unused items for another lucky showgirl to show off! The Swap Meet will be on Sunday